Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The good ol' days


The good ol' days, originally uploaded by Dan Lilly.

when I was a kid golf was a bit different on the Tucson municipal courses. this is one of the few remaining signs of that era. (located at El Rio golf course) there were also signs in the 9th and 18th tee boxes that reminded golfers to put their shirts back on when approaching the clubhouse. I remember quite a few summer days where I played a round in cut-offs with my tee shirt stuffed into the back pocket.

I shoot a slightly better score these days but I haven't played without a shirt in a long long time. I enjoy golf because I don't care to practice or improve. it's not required. there is no pressure. I like to hit good shots, I love to swear, I love some of the trick shots I'm required to hit. I prefer to play alone but a good conversation is also welcome.


Comments:
six weeks until the first swing of the season (best case scenario) around these parts. and no hot holiday this year has made this a looong winter.

don't you miss canada?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]