Sunday, January 30, 2011

100 years ago


100 years ago, originally uploaded by Dan Lilly.

I love old cemeteries. they open up my imagination as to who the people were and how they lived, how they were loved, and how they became left behind only marked by monuments for us to see so many years later.

I wonder how they lived and loved and it strips me down to basic emotion without all the accessories.

Many lived long, many gone way too young, and who were the mourners on that day and how was the weather?

The only markers I've seen that had a cause of death were those who died violently. "Killed by Indians", "Massacred", "Hung by Mistake".

There was one exception for the woman who died in child birth in 1777 in Savannah, Georgia. I wept for her. I mourn all, but I wept for her.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]