Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Moving on


New West, originally uploaded by Dan Lilly.

This time Vancouver didn't feel like home. It felt like an old friend and neither of us seemed overly animated to see each other. There were still signs of the Olympics but the money had been placed on the dresser and that Jon had moved on and nobody seemed to care.

Some non-family drama with bad timing and gray skies ruled the day. I took my daughter to a bar to watch a hockey game and wet met up with a friend for a fun night of cheering the Canucks.

A 17 hour drive home found me standing in the kitchen asking if it was just me trembling or if anyone else was feeling an earthquake. The next morning I kissed the wife goodbye and said, "back to rest". It was never more true.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]