Wednesday, March 24, 2010

4th Avenue Street Fair


, originally uploaded by Dan Lilly.

I remember going to the street fair when i was in high school. There were so many cool things that I wanted to buy but they were expensive for the broke younger me. Some of the same stuff is there for sale at they mark their 40th anniversary. I was very happy to see that it was happening while we were in town this time. There's a spring fair and a fall fair. It's 5 blocks long now with plenty of food and performers and is boasted to be the largest fair of it's kind in the country now.

It started as a sidewalk sale put on by the businesses on 4th Avenue. It's always been an eclectic street. Wedged between downtown and the U of A there are only 2 businesses remaining that I remember being there when I was a kid, the Dairy Queen, and Caruso's Italian Restaurant. One of these days I will eat at Caruso's.


Comments:
Sounds like a cool fair. And that capture Dan is beautiful. I feel like I was almost there.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]