Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We have heaven

I was sitting on my front porch listening to the birdsong and enjoying the breeze. Most of the families in the neighborhood are young. Families like we were 15 years ago. Kids ride by on bikes and glide by on scooters and a backyard BBQ wafts it's way to me in the early evening.

I love it here. I really do.

Calgary and Vancouver were nice but now I own the home so there's no landlord. We're on a hill so there's a spectacular view. All of the stores are over the hill and down the road so the speed limit for miles around me is 35 and there are no traffic lights. Down the street from me there is Village Pizza and it's kinda costly but they make their own dough and we support the neighbors every now and then. There's a sandwich shop as well. Then there's a Mexican restaurant that's actually pretty decent. I drop by every now and then for a tongue burrito.

Yes, you read that right.

They have Mexican popsicles, or "paletas" that are very good as well as a wide variety of phone calling cards for their Latin clientelle. They also have the special phone lines for sending money south to family throughout Latin America. They don't forget their gringo customers though, as there is a sign on the menu board indicating that the sides of beans and rice may be substituted with french fries or salad.

Comments:
Your description of the quaint and quiet life in Utah brought my usually-high blood pressure way down -and you've just gotta love a town that has a Mexican cantina. I'm game for a tongue burrito!

P.S. I read through some of your early entries... some great stuff there!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]