Monday, May 04, 2009

A long day


, originally uploaded by Dan Lilly.

Six hours at my nephew's graduation from Utah Valley University in Orem, Utah. I had to get there early because mom wanted to hear President of the LDS Church, Thomas Monson speak. So we got there at 9 for the 10:30 start and got out of there at 3. As you can see, I found a couple of interesting shots. I always seem to find something good when I'm not looking very hard.

The whole thing started with the presentation of the colors by the ROTC and the singing of the national anthem. I have no idea why. I was kinda surprised that there was no prayer. Musta been a church/state separation thing but after I hear the national anthem I expect to see a ball game and grab a hot dog.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]