Sunday, May 10, 2009

I wished my wife a happy mother's day then I kissed her and hugged her and told he I loved her. Then she turned to walk through the security checkpoint and board a flight to Dallas that would lead to a flight to Miami then a flight to La Paz where her mother lies in a hospital bed slowly slipping away.

Everyone calls my mother-in-law Mamita Mary. Magaly and I support her mother financially and whenever Mamita Mary talks to me on the phone she breaks into tears thanking me for all I have done for her.

Mamita Mary has done far more for me than I will ever be able to do for her. She bore and raised the very reason for my existance and everything I am. She entrusted me with the child who would become the mother of my children.

I do not want Mamita Mary to go but I am sure it will not be too long now before I get a phone call that leads me through the security checkpoint and a flight to Dallas that takes me to a flight.....

Comments:
Dan - I hope the love of those around you help you, your wife and family get through the sorrowful days and weeks ahead.
 
I'm a blubbery mess now.
e-mail me everything
 
:(
I'm sorry.
It's never easy.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]