Sunday, May 24, 2009

I was hoping you would call

is what Maggie told me last night. Her voice told the story and I tried my best to cheer her up just a little. They are trying to make her mother as comfortable as possible and prepare the food that she wants to eat. The strict diet has been tossed aside as everyone has come to the same conclusion. A doctor has finally told them what they have suspected for some time now. My mother-in-law would not survive the strain that dialysis would have on her. She is just too weak and has other debilitating conditions.

The arrangements have all been made and it's just come down to waiting. They are expecting a parade of family which will add considerably to their burden. In Bolivia, visitors arrive, and must be attended to. Must be offered tea or coffee and sometimes time their visits at meal times.

At this point I feel that I will be traveling upon hearing of my mother-in-law's passing. Just hearing my wife tells me that I will be needed. I will go to take care of what needs to be taken care of and then attempt to cast some of this burden off my wife and have it lightened before we leave Bolivia. Like all loss, it will be time to move on and live again.

Comments:
I'm sorry Dan. *hugs*
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]