Thursday, December 04, 2008

And then there was Vancouver


, originally uploaded by Zona Boy.

The atmosphere in Vancouver was just a tad bit more relaxed than Calgary. We lived south of the city near a town called Ladner. I found what became my favorite sushi place and since we were near the border, we did all our shopping in the U.S.

There were a lot more flights to work and in the summer we worked the Alaska cruises.

I'm not a big fan of the city even though I ended up doing a lot more in downtown Vancouver than I ever did in downtown Calgary. Vancouver was more interesting than Calgary but it's interestingness involved a lot of effort and that effort did pay off. I enjoyed Vancouver more as a photographer and that helped because the work environment sucked.

In Calgary I made Canadian friends in the airport and almost none outside of work. In Vancouver the opposite was true. It almost makes me want to say that I enjoyed my time in Vancouver more.

Maybe I did.

Hmmm


Comments:
I liked it when yiou came and hung out with me at the Rally. Twas a fun and interesting afternoon.
 
I wouldn't buy anything off that dude. Think of his saliva all over everything.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]