Monday, November 24, 2008

A friend asked me a question. One of those questions that sent me on a mission. Of course it was easy for me to answer.

You have a time machine and you can travel back to any musical performance. Which one do you go see?

My answer was almost instantaneous.

The June, 1969 Monterey Music and Arts Festival.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience
The Who
The Grateful Dead
The Byrds
Buffalo Springfield
Janis Joplin

And many more. All in their prime.

Of course I don't stop there. I'm gonna squeeze ten trips outta this machine.

2. Any performance by Edith Piaff in her prime.
3. Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, The Big Bopper. Feb 2, 1959. Clear Lake, Iowa.
4. The premier of Mozart's first opera, Bastien and Bastienne. Vienna 1867. He was 12.
5. Count Basie at the Cotton Club.
6. The Rat Pack in Las Vegas.
7. Hank Williams Sr. in any small venue.
8. Elton John. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road tour.
9. John Lennon.
10. The Ramones at CBGB's. I'm not a big fan but it's the Ramones at CBGB's!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]