Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Why do our kids think we're stupid?

My son snuck out last night and did not sleep at home. He left the window open and used some clothes and a coconut carving to make it look like he was in bed. It was just like one of those prison escape movies. I would have laughed if his mother were not in tears.

What makes them think that they could get away with some of the stuff they attempt to pull off?

They've all gotten busted. They think they can show up drunk or stoned without us noticing. If my wife were like me, my son might return home to see all his clothes nicely folded and waiting for him on the front porch. But she isn't like me.

Let that be notice to some of them. She's the reason your father didn't toss you out on your butts.

They have all taken turns breaking her heart and making her question if she's a good mother. Well I'm here to tell you that she's the perfect mother. She will forgive them anything if they ask. She would give them the last breath of her life if they needed it to get to their next. She is the only person on this planet who cries for them, who suffers for them, who picks up after them, who is the proudest of their accomplishment, and is happiest when she sees them smile or laugh.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]