Saturday, January 05, 2008

Work is a downer.

I have been doing what I do for almost 20 years. I have never wanted to quit more than I do now. Many of the guys I work with feel the same way. This was even BEFORE what I write below was officially announced.

The Government conducted a poll of it's workers. All 36 agencies. Me and 10,000 of my fellow DHS employees responded. The poll asked us how we felt about our management. Things like knowledge and ability. Things like if we thought we were rated by our mgt based on actual ability to perform. Basically they wanted to know our thoughts on our bosses.

Wanna know where they finished in the rankings of management knowledge and ability out of 36 agencies?

According to the opinion of 10,000 of America's front line officers in the fight against terrorists entering the U.S.?

36th. Bottom of the barrel.

I was working the other day when a man came up to me. He had a ball cap on. On the ball cap there was embroidered writing.

It said, "you make a difference".

A non-employee, a traveler, unknowingly gave me more encouragement than any of my supervisors have in more than a year.

How messed up is that?

Comments:
FUBAR.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]