Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Some people need to lose their jobs.

A 10 year-old school girl in Florida was seated in the cafeteria eating her lunch. She had brought some leftover steak from home. She was using a steak knife to cut the meat.

The school has a no tolerance policy for weapons on school grounds so a teacher went up to the little girl, cut the meat for her, and then secured the knife so nobody would accidently be hurt. She then made a note to herself to advise the girl's parents not to send a knife to school with the child.

Sounds reasonable. Right?

The trouble is, that's not what happened.

The school called the Sheriff's Department. A Deputy responded. Since the parents of the child (let me rewrite that) CHILD could not be contacted, the CHILD was ARRESTED. A ten year-old girl cutting her lunch with a knife was ARRESTED for having a WEAPON at school and taken to a juvenile jail.

My wife and I were speechless when we saw this on the news. If I were the father of this little girl, I would calmly walk into the office of the school. I would not say a word. The three or four gentlemen in suits accompanying me would speak for me. That's why they're called LAWYERS.

Comments:
10 year old, arrested, steak. This panic makes NO sense no matter how many times you slice it.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]