Sunday, April 22, 2007

I got the word this week that my tour of Canada has been extended for another year. I will be here through September of 2008.

That means I get to take this thing called home leave. Home leave is vacation time that does not count against my regular banked vacation time.

It's also paid for by the govt.

I have about a month's worth.

So in October I am contemplating hopping in a rental car and driving for 10 days or so. Maybe from Vancouver to Miami and back. Maybe just 10 days of blue highways with my camera. Maybe alone. Maybe with strangers. Maybe with family.

You know I've never been to Memphis. I have friends in DC. I know people in L.A..

Hmmmm

Yeah, road trip, definitely

Comments:
Ever toured Eastern Canada? There are some amazing cities and people out that way... Might be something worth seeing if you have the time..
 
It'll be October. I was in St Stephen, NB. and have always wanted to get back to that area.

Some day
 
are you running away because the thought of spending 30 days at home is frightening?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]