Thursday, March 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad

Today would have been my dad's 80th birthday. On his 50th birthday I asked him what he was going to be like when he was eighty. He told me that he didn't want to live that long.

He didn't.

I mentioned that to my daughter and she asked me if I wanted to live to be eighty.

I was holding my grandaughter and I told her that I wanted to live forever. I wanted to see this one (looking at the baby in my arms) grow up.

Updating the Bolivian news:

My wife made it safe and sound and was eating breakfast when I called. Her mother is improving according to her sister. My wife was enjoying the company of her two sisters and one of her brothers. This weekend her younger brother will drop by the house and it will mark the first time in almost 5 years that they have all been together. A couple of hours after the phone call they were going to the hospital to visit her mom.






Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]