Sunday, December 10, 2006

I figured out how to make lists in Windows media player. "Clearly my talent lies in other areas", is something I use to not feel like a complete computer moron. So the list I just saved is called "Women". Three hours of some of the best singer songwriters on the planet.

Doria Roberts
Fruit
Joni Mitchell
Tori Amos
Rickie Lee Jones
Suzanne Vega
Jonatha Brooke
Jann Arden

Rolling Stone magazine is putting a list together of the to 25 women in rock. Madonna seems to be gravitating toward the top. I'm way too old school to consider what Madonna does as being Rock and Roll.

I saw a 2007 Punk Rock calendar in the used record store in Nanaimo. One of the months had a photo of The Go Go's.. Makes sense doesn't it? The Ramones, The Dead Kennedys, Gang of Four, The Go Go's.

Why not? Lindsey Lohan is an actress, Paris Hilton is a celebrity, Emilio Estevez is a film maker, the Simpson girls are gold record recording artists.

Funny thing is that there are people running around saying the end of the world is coming because the poles are melting down as fast as the middle east.

I think I'll be okay if I can haul my computer downstairs and listen to this list in front of the open refrigerator.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]