Thursday, November 02, 2006


My dearest grandaughter,

Welcome to this world. It is currently filled with turmoil and naysayers and doomsdayers but some of us have hope. Some of us aren't like those who question why a child should be brought into this place. Maybe you'll be one of the warriors who makes it better. Maybe you'll just be content to enjoy life and run through it playing with friends and laughing and marveling at many of the things that this world has to offer. Even the latter will make you a good person if you heed my advice and allow everyone to enjoy this place without setting conditions on others.

Right now your world is far from perfect but you have my promise that I will do my best to make it as right as I can. I will be there to guide you through many things because I have a lot of experience and have fallen in enough pitfalls to be able to point many of them out to you. Believe me, many are not so easy to spot and many appear as roses with thorns hidden.

There is a storm about to rush in and I will do everything I can to protect you from the wind and the rain and when you are older I will tell you that love is a beautiful thing. Perhaps the most beautiful of all. I will tell you that love by itself is fleeting. Only strong commitment can sustain it. Love changes. Love challenges. Love hurts, and love comforts. Sometimes it goes away and all that is left is the commitment until it seeps back in and it fills your soul again. If there is no commitment it does not return and leaves what was once beautiful in ruins.

So for now sleep and cry and eat and poop and pee and throw up and relax.

I'll be there waiting for you to start smiling and laughing and crying and cooing and talking and crawling and walking and falling down.

Then when you're ready to start asking the tough questions, come see me and I will answer them.

Love,

Bah Bah

Comments:
...I don't know what to say. Tears in my eyes.
 
She's beautiful...truly beautiful.
 
yeah for healthy babies! congrats on another grandchild. i'm sure you're an awesome grandpa!
 
O yeah, go on! Make me cry!! Congratulations Grandpa!!
 
congratulations! she's so beautiful. all the best to mom and baby.
 
oh that was so sweet, what a lucky girl
 
oh congrats!!!!
 
Awwwwwww Zona. So sweet.

What a BEAUTIFUL girl...and I am not just saying that.

Kisses to your new grandaughter.
 
I wish you the best Vato. If only the rest could see the good in you, it would be an easier place to be.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]