Wednesday, August 30, 2006

WARNING: Rant post ahead

I'M SITTING HERE WITH MY HEADPHONES ON SO I DON'T HEAR THE PHONE RINGING. IT'S NEVER FOR ME ANYWAY. EVEN WHEN IT IS I GENERALLY DON'T WANT TO TALK TO WHOEVER IT IS ANYWAY.

MY FAMILY NEVER CALL ME.

That is unless it's one of the kids wanting a ride home.

I got a couple of messages on Flickr by people who discovered I had pictures of them from the Pride Week festivities. They asked that I remove them. I did. One was asking out of concerns for her family which was cool. The other didn't give a reason but I wasn't a big fan of the pic so I deleted it.

Here's my thoughts on this issue aimed at the other person and NOT the family. If you put yourself out in the open in a public situation and then see yourself and don't like how you looked. It's your fault. It's not my responsibility to censor my collection of photographs.

I don't take pictures to embarrass people unless they need a smack down, and that's limited to public figures. And besides, if you're on MY Flickr page you will remain pretty anonymous anyway unless I toss your picture into a group.

And from now on if you are participating in a parade or are making some sort of statement in your manner of dress or appearance and are obviously over the age of 18 you better realize that there is the possibility that your image may appear somewhere.

So if/when it does, build a bridge, and get over it.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm listening to Matt Good tell me that the future is X rated.


Comments:
I've been having the same dilemma over on my blog...and a few experienced photographers chimed in.

I still haven't figured it out, as far as legalities.

Anyway, deep breaths zona, deep breaths.
 
I agree..when you put yourself out in public you can't control what people capture.

I mean think about going Disneyland...you're probably in dozens of home movies and family albums.
 
How said take the pics down? Why would you do something embarassing at such a public photographed event if you didn't want others to ever see you?
 
nah. I'm okay with it. but I will cut and paste this post if asked again.
 
well-said, zona. i don't know what all the fuss is about. seriously.
 
See, that's why I never go out in public in case my amazing photos are posted on the net and people can see it without entering their credit card details?! No, no... that is not right at all.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]