Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Screw it, let's boogie

I have the next six days off so I'm finally going to get of my ass and do something I've been telling myself I wanted to do. I'm going to compile a "box set" of Canadian tunes. Here's a partial line up.

Disc 1:

Big Sugar faves (done)

Red Rover
Better get used to it
Butterball
Let it ride
On the scene
unk title (but it's a great tune from Heated)
Kicking stones
Digging a hole
If I had my way
Nicotina
I don't mind
Hammer in my hand


Disc 2:

Tragically Hip faves (pretty much done. just needs a couple of tweeks)



Disc 3:

Matt Good faves

Disc 4: (and 5 and 6 and...?)

Two or three songs from bands like,

Wide Mouth Mason (Companion, Midnight Rain, Why)
Jann Arden (she might get her own disc)
Sass Jordan
54-40 (She la, Ocean Pearl, Nice to love you)
Edwin (Alive, Let's dance, and one or two others)
Our Lady Piece (Naveed, Superman's dead, One man army)
Big Wreck
Kim Mitchell (All we are)
Default
Nickelback (relax Binsk. just a couple from The State)
Tea Party (The messenger, Angel)
Blue Rodeo (Lost together, Try. Try is one of my all time fave songs by anyone, anywhere)

and a few others


No Rush, no Bryan Adams, no Supertramp. I just want tunes on this set from bands I've discovered since I moved to Canada in 1999.

There will be some one hit wonders like Age of Electric, Our Mother Earth, and others who I can't think of right at the moment.

I'll update later with complete disc lists so you Canadians will know how cool I am.

SUGGESTIONS ARE APPRECIATED

UPDATE:

Jann got her own disc.

Waiting in Canada
Thing for you
Will you remember me?
Where no one knows me
I would die for you
Sleepless
In your keeping
Sorry for myself
The sound of
Weeds
Could I be your girl
Gasoline
Wonderdrug
Living under June
Good mother
Another human being

I started with a "welcome to Jann" song and ended with two of her finest. Good mother is one of the most touching tributes you'll ever hear and Another human being was inspired by a trip she took to Africa. She sponsors a child there and made a public service spot for television supporting the organization that she donates to. Another human being gets to me every time I listen to it





Comments:
ewwwww bryan adams ewww. thank god you won't have any bryan adams. ewwww...
 
oh and you'll need some ron sexsmith and bruce cockburn for some good canadian music. solid. completely fucking super talented.
 
I like The Message and Angel from them Binsk. Everything else blows.

I'll look at that Vesper. Thanks
 
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
 
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]