Thursday, March 09, 2006


The last time I saw Plato he was lamenting
He's always lamenting
I think they invented the word
Just to let me describe the man
*
He set his newspaper down
And took a long drag on a filterless cigarette
Smoke came out of his nose when he spoke
The dragon effect he sought
*
"D W" he said in a verbal shrug
"I'm glad Socrates isn't around"
"That was a guy with a wicked temper"
"To go with a hung over disposition"
*
"I DO have to give it to your generation"
"the women are much more assertive"
"It's a tremendous turn on"
"The submissiveness gets old"
"And those togas covered up the good parts"
*
Then the waitress set down our orders
It wasn't good when he pierced a yolk
"Over easy my ass" said the old man
"And not even the Mesopotamians,
would serve these hash browns"

Comments:
Heh --you be funny boy, write nicey-nice.
 
where are you Zona? you haven't posted in ages and it's so unlike you. You ok? xxxxx
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]