Monday, March 27, 2006

"cycle ride along the river Thames"

Now I'm sure that is a routine, matter-of-fact thing for Missy to say but do you know what it does to ME?

I grew up in the southwest United States among the legends of Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Geronimo, Billy the Kid, and Pancho Villa. I grew up where most of John Wayne's movies took place. and in fact, minutes away from where many were filmed. I've been to the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forest.

But I long to travel to Great Britain.

I want to sit on a bench and watch the Thames flow by. I want to walk down a street that looks like the streets I see in Coronation Street. I want to hear proper English. I want to hear Big Ben. I want to feel London. Then I want to go out into the country and north to Scotland and over to Ireland.

If where I grew up sounds really cool then you know how I feel about going to Great Britain.

July 2008.

Comments:
I know a nice girl who can take you around! She'll even make you a sandwich to munch while you watch boats on the river Thames...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]