Monday, February 20, 2006

The divine wind

All the gauges of this plane are fine so now I can concentrate on the picture of my wife and son. I fly for them. To save them from the invaders. I know I owe my allegiance to the emperor but he's a god who should be able to take care of himself. My boy was asleep when I left and my wife was tearful. She will be tearful again but my son will live to honor his father as I honor mine. He will grow strong because of my sacrifice. Very soon they will move from Tokyo to the safety of my mother-in-law's house in Hiroshima.

I honor my wife as the mother that will raise a proud son as my mother raised me to be proud.

I can see ships below through the broken clouds that I and the others will use as cover before we descend like samurai to destroy the enemy. I left my boy while he was sleeping. I hope he is awake now. I hope his eyes are open. That way I will not come to him as a dream that startles him from slumber. I hope he is gazing at the sky so that he remembers his father as a hawk swooping down toward his prey.

Comments:
Beautiful x
 
What a beautiful post! I found your blog from Chloe's. hello from sunny Singapore :-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]