Thursday, January 12, 2006

Zona Boy interviews Binsk

Robin Alexa, AKA: Binsk agreed to answer a number of questions so I could post them on my blog. I want to do this to many if not all of my links. I have a feeling some won't but that's cool.

So I sat down and conjured up the questions after going through her archives and grabbing a sense of what I wanted to ask without being cliche'.

Her answers were as fun for me to read as coming up with the questions was.

Thank you very much Robin.

Enjoy!


1. Your very first post is my all time favorite HNT pic of yours. How many shots did you take to get that one?

I start with an idea and then I usually take each picture from different angles, with different lighting and then pick my favourite, so I couldn't tell you."

2. Pro fotogs travel with as many as twelve people to do a shoot. Lots of fotogs get their start by assisting the big names. Who would you latch onto if you had your choice?

I don't want to be anyone's assistant. I have worked for people and their personality problems for too long. I want to be my own person and make my own name I guess. Sounds kinda idealistic and conceited huh?"

3. So now you've been with that fotog for a year and it's time to go. You are now going to shoot a book. You can choose between a certain city or a certain sparsely populated area. Which do you choose and why?

Hmmmm...good question. I think I would like to go to both the city and the sparsely populated area and see what moves me or what I find interesting and then decide. Is that cheating?

4. When I read your 75 things I discover that you and me are quite alike. I am stubborn. My biggest example of stubbornness is my refusal to retrace my footsteps to retrieve something I've forgotten even if it means simply walking from the driveway back into the house. What's yours?

I would say that if somebody wrongs me, or somebody that I care about, I will probably not ever forgive them. I may be cordial but it'll never be the same. (I'm talking about intentional and bad, not some silly indiscretion.)

5. Why "Binsk"?

Well it seems that "Robinski" is some universal nickname for people named Robin, though I'm not really sure why. I've been called it a million times by a million different people in my life. A friend of mine just shortened it and started calling me Binsk, which stuck.

6. If I showed up at your door with a new car and tossed you the keys and a credit card in your name and said "Robin, I won 100 million dollars in the lottery, now go have a good time. See what you want to see and I'll pay the tab. Money is no object to me. Just send me a postcard now and then" and then I tossed you the keys. How long would it be before you came back home?

I would probably go for a month or two at a time at the most. I like where I am from and I love Canada. And I'm a bit of a baby.

7. Of course I believe that family would always draw you back for holidays and such but when you came back home how long would it be before you left again?

Well Zona, since you said money is no object I would probably take all of my family and friends with me.

8. Your blog shows us the tip of your iceberg. What percentage of you is still hidden below the surface?

I don't know what percentage, but I would say that I am pretty honest on my blog to a point. I think there are a lot of things that I would love to say but would worry they would make people angry. Like my views on racism, and religion, you know the hot topics.

9. You are banished to spend the rest of your life in a country outside of North America. Which one and why?

I haven't been to a place outside of North America, so that's a tough question. Switzerland maybe? I've heard Monaco is pretty awesome too.

10. Space aliens land on earth and ask you for a list of ten humans to transport to their planet for ten years of good old fashion anal probing. Who's on your list?

Paul Bernardo
Karla Holmoka
This VJ chick on Much Music with blonde hair (can't remember her name?)
Donald Trump
Jay Leno
The guy who writes the "Have a happy period" commercials for Always or Playtex.
A random lawyer
The president of Cogeco cable
The president of any big bank
Oprah (but maybe just for five years)

11. If you were a chatter when chatting was big, what was your chat name?

I was not a chatter. I sorta stumbled into blogging, which has changed my life. (so dramatic eh?)

12. Even given the vastness of size and the amount of randomness I believe that many of the people I communicate with regularly in cyberspace were somehow drawn to me or me to them by unseen forces. Do You?

I do. I have learned so much from my fellow bloggers. I have become more outgoing and happier, it's weird really. I really think most of the people you meet are in your life for a reason.

Comments:
cool q's
 
Very nice interview. Well done, Zona Boy. And nice to meet Binsk.
 
That was fun Zona. Thanks.

Nice to meet you too Michele.
 
If Binsk ever does leave Canada and happens to stop in at Memphis for awhile, I just want to tell you all in advance that we're keeping her, and international laws against kidnapping be damned. Canada has way more hot and fun women than seems fair. And Memphis is known for stealing and stuff.
 
I'd drive to Memphis, if Binsk was being held there.
 
OMG that Binsk chick is answering questions like she thinks she is a celebrity or some shit. :)

SO funny to find this again. lol
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]