Friday, January 06, 2006

A woman told me once that I am in my ninth and final life on this earth. I have always had the impression that I would not live to be an old man. I just can't see myself that far along. My wife insists that of the two of us she wants to die first so I told her to hurry up and she laughed. So when I feel pains in my chest I tend to pay attention. So does my wife. So that means that I know many sharp pains that AREN'T heart attacks.

Does this mean anything? I have no idea. I just knows that since I have started this post I feel that a weight has been lifted.

That's pretty interesting to me. Maybe I have the power over my physiological self or maybe I'm just a crack pot.

I want to live long enough to see my kids all set in their own thing. My dad did. Hell, I'll probably live into my eighties. My dad told me once that he didn't want to live that long (to be 80) and he didn't. He died at 77.

I was with him the day he died and that will always be a great comfort to me. That I was there when he needed me the most. He laid in the hospital emergency room and even though I wanted to go up to him and say something I didn't. We're just not that way. I had said everything to him in the days preceding his death but I did not realize why until he died.

So why am I posting about mortality?

I really have no idea. I just sat down with the intent of posting something and this is what came out. Maybe I'll delete it later maybe I won't. Maybe we'll take a vote.

Comments:
oh come on, you ain't going anywhere and you know it.
you'll live to be a hundred. you'll have grandchildren and great grandchildren. And Mrs Zona Boy too. And you'll make me 1000 cds.
xx
 
You'll live to be 2000 and you'll start to lay eggs with baby dinosaurs in them. It will be a hoot!
 
you're probably right. after all, only the good die young.

number 1 is on the way chloe
 
NEVER delete! Never.

I like this post.

When it comes to life, I think it's all about quality, not quantity. Everyone these days seems to be out to live as long as possible. Why? Doesn't that take attention away from things happening RIGHT NOW? It's possible for a person to die at 20 and have a more full life than someone who dies at 80.... It all depends on what you make it.

You, sir, are doing just fine.
 
That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]