Friday, January 13, 2006

SHOTGUN!!!.....

....my 15 year-old son yelled out. The trouble was that he didn't recognize the significance of dad being up so early on a day off. You see, mom backed the car into a pole last night. Just a rear bumper scratch that I'm sure will buff out but I know that my wife, god bless her, was on the edge of the abyss contemplating the leap over the incident.

So I know she's a little spooked and it's raining and school zone traffic and so I got up to drive the kids this morning. I know I know, that's so sweet but back to my son.

Shotgun means that when the wife is driving he gets to put his music in the CD player. But when DAD is driving it only means he gets to sit in front and listen to dad's sucky music. The boy likes punk music. Dad puts his late 60's early 70's compilation in and says that this stuff was "O.P." Original Punk. When THIS stuff came out all our parents were sure that the world was becoming one giant drug shooting gallery where us kids would all be naked having sex boys with girls and boys with boys and girls with girls and god forbid some farm animal should wander in!!! and we thought that would be so right on.

But my son's idea of music to me sounds like a bunch of guys who can't play very well and scream fuck a lot and hate the government. Sometimes they even scream fuck the government. Not that I care about fucking the government but I'd just assume live in my parent's vision of things. I told my son that everything today is basically rehash and he SCOFFS at me. So after I drop him off last I get a vision of the future as Spill The Wine is playing. His teenaged daughter is visiting me and she comes upon my music collection and we talk and she listens to each song as I reminisce about my youth. Then she says, "I LIKE this music grampa, can I borrow it?". Then my wife says "you just GAVE her all your music?" and a few days later she runs into her house and screams to my son and her mother, "Come look!!! Grampa bought me a car!!!"

Bless that child.

Comments:
Hehe, that would be great! I can't think that far ahead yet. In my future I can only see my own kids but that's probably because I don't have them yet and having my own kids still sounds sooo far away. (I do know they'll be the cutest kids alive! Yeah yeah, everyone says that about their kids, I know.)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]