Saturday, January 07, 2006

Golf Magazine tells me that there is a "perfect set" of clubs for me. So all I have to do is shell out $2,800 bucks and I'm set.

In another issue of that same magazine Dennis Leary said that golf equipment is like hair products. You're shelling out a bunch of dough for a problem you're never going to fix.

Golf Magazine is like Cosmo.

Golf tells me all the latest hot methods of the game and how to do it better.

Cosmo tells me all the latest hot methods of the game and how to do it better.

What happened to just enjoying the game?

The most revered golf course I can play is a course in Northern California called Pebble Beach. A round there costs $450.00. I could either buy those clubs or go play Pebble Beach 5 times with my current set of golf clubs. And you know what? I'd shoot the same score either way.

OR I could go to Las Vegas, find a hot call girl, hand her the latest issue of Cosmo and $2,800 and tell her to get to work.

Either way I have some pretty good memories and I'm out $2,800.

No matter the choice. The course or the hot broad I'd have to say that I'm pretty happy with all the clubs I currently have.

And they work just fine for me.

Oh, and for the record I much rather play Pebble 5 times.


Comments:
What I'm learning from this is that you need to do it better.

Just kiddin ya.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]