Sunday, January 08, 2006


Far out man

I'm burning a CD of the tunes that I cut my teeth on as a youth. It was a groovy sock it to me time to be alive children.

Let me turn you on to my list.


Fever Tree, San Francisco Girls
The Zombies, Time of the Season
Vanilla Fudge, You Keep Me Hanging On
Status Quo, Pictures of Matchstick Men
Strawberry Alarm Clock, Incense and Peppermint
The Band, Chest Fever
The Doors, Touch Me
Jimi Hendrix, Are You Experienced?
Chambers Brothers, Time Has Come Today
War, Spill The Wine
Janis Joplin, Down On Me
Cream, Badge
Bob Dylan, Lay Lady Lay
It's a Beautiful Day, White Bird


These were my favorite songs back then and I always say that the BEST years of music were 1967-1972. That covers the start of the popular drug scene up to Altamont/The Beatle split. Pretty much anything after was tainted by the suits in the business.

Comments:
HIPPY!
 
it was a simpler time
 
peace brother!
i love all the songs (that i know) in your list.
 
Excellent, love it! »
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]