Thursday, December 29, 2005

Elder Zona Boy's blog, December 29, 1977

Today I entered the Language Training Mission in Provo, Utah. I will learn the Spanish language and the series of lessons I will teach to prospective converts during what will be my two year Mormon mission in Bolivia.

They lined us all up and gave us folders with some paperwork. A man walked by and marked an "x" on mine which meant that my hair was not short enough. All of us "x" guys were loaded into vans to go to the barber shop on the Brigham Young University campus next door.

I was assigned a companion because Elders should never be alone lest they fall into temptation. My "comp" (as we Elders say) is a guy named Val Mcintire and he is from Parker, AZ. We do not call each other by our first names. He is going to the same mission as me. In fact my whole group of twelve missionaries is going to the Bolivia, La Paz mission. Two in the group are girls, or "sister" missionaries.

We were assigned rooms in a large dorm. There are two bunk beds in each room and I got a top bunk. I will be here at the LTM for two months.

Comments:
that's intense. It's so nice to see someone truly dedicated.
 
that was a looooong time ago
 
Sounds bit like bootcamp.

I remember an article in the paper some years ago about how some people who had been visited by mormon missionaries fed marijuana cookies to these people. I thought that was pretty amusing, when I read about it.
 
You were/are Mormon?!?!?!?!
 
yep. you mean it doesn't show??
 
There's a slight halo flair from your left nostril -- but that's about all that remains of that stage of your life.
 
Excellent, love it!
» » »
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]