Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Of COURSE Joni Mitchell is the artist I have the most of. (11 CD's. one is a dbl so 12) Joni is followed by Matt Good (5), Dave Matthews (4), and Jann Arden with three.

Tony Pierce interviewed Raymi and they tried to determine who they could compare Matt Good to music wise. I kinda like the idea that he only sounds like Matt Good. I tell people that Matt Good is rock and roll for grownups.

The Dave Matthews I have are his first four CD's I like him but I'm not one of what you might consider "his typical fan base". I haven't seen him live and don't know that I ever would.

I like Jann Arden's stuff and have met her on a couple of occasions. She's a great story teller but don't think her songs are story songs. IF you are one of these bold people who go out and buy on a whim you would have to buy her "Living Under June" CD OR the CD she did live with the Vancouver Symphony Ochestra. She tell stories between songs and it's kinda like a greatest hits live. WONDERFUL CD.

I found Jann and Matt when I moved to Calgary, Alberta. Other Canadian bands I like? Big Sugar, Big Wreck, Tragically Hip, Nickelback, and 54-40.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]